1. Regulating and controlling the practice of Building technology in all its aspects and ramifications.
2. Conducting Professional Accreditation of Tertiary Academic Institutions and training facilities for the Building profession (Universities & Polytechnic)
3. Conducting professional examinations/interviews for those who are aspiring to qualify to practice the profession in Nigeria.
4. Maintenance of discipline within the profession.
5. Registration of would-be professionals.
6. Organizing and conducting Continuing Professional Development Programmes for the registered persons.
7. Performing such other functions conferred on the Council by the enabling law.